There is no cash machine on site so please bring cash with you to the Racecourse. The nearest cash machine is located on Castle Street, a 5 minute walk from the Racecourse. Cards are accepted in the Croft Suite bar on the first floor of the Grandstand, and in the Severn Restaurant on the second floor of the Grandstand. Please note we are not currently able to accept cards for payment of tickets on the gate.
You are welcome to bring your own food & drink into the Centre Course enclosure on all of our racedays, however there is a specific alcohol policy in place for Ladies Day. Please refer to the Ladies Day fixture page for full details. Food & drink cannot be brought into the County Enclosure, and any customers found with food & drink on their person will be asked to consume or dispose of the items before entering the County Enclosure.
Race times are available online prior to each race meeting. Sometimes if there are multiple entries into the same race a race may ‘divide’ which means there will be an additional race on any particular day. Equally on certain race days there may only be 6 races instead of the usual 7. Final timings for the day are confirmed 24 hours before the fixture once the horses have declared, so we advise you to check the website after 1pm the day before racing for any changes to the race programme.
Race cards are an invaluable guide for your day at the races. They can be purchased for £3 from the race card kiosk which is located by the turnstiles in front of the main entrance to the County Enclosure, and lists the times of each race, the runners and riders, and also includes maps and other useful information. Race cards are also on sale inside the Centre Course beside the entrance turnstiles.
The Best View
A race day at Worcester is the perfect way to spend a summer’s day at the home of summer jumps racing. There are plenty of places for you to enjoy the racing action, stand by the rails as the horses thunder down the finishing straight, or on the Grandstand steppings in the heart of the crowd to enjoy the atmosphere as your horse comes home. To get the best position, you should find your spot 5-10 minutes before the start of the race.
Horse Racing Beginners Checklist
- Check that anything you would like to bring is allowed into your admission area. Please refer to the relevant fixture page for restrictions on the day.
- Ensure you are suitably dressed for the weather conditions and for the theme of the race day.
- Make sure you have brought cash with you.
- Keep your tickets and badges in a safe place, unfortunately lost or stolen tickets cannot be replaced.
- eTickets for the County Enclosure should be printed out onto A4 paper and brought with you on the day, or you can download the PDF to your phone but please ensure you have the ticket open on screen at the turnstiles to allow the ticket to be scanned. If you have not received your eTicket via email prior to your raceday please call us 24-48 hours before racing on 01905 253 64 so we can re-issue your tickets.